Thursday, March 29, 2012

This was a very fast and fun stitch for me. Its Quaker Egg by Bent Creek. I used a white lugana and I bought this stuff that  you spray on it to make it opalescent. At first I did'nt like it because the sparkly stuff would come off but I discovered that if you follow the directions and wait 24 hours before  you use the fabric its pretty much on there for life. Amazing what directions can teach you. lol. 
Another thing I was'nt crazy about with the spray on opalescent stuff was that  the spray was'nt always uniform. I did a couple pieces that were blotchy. I don't know if that was just me or the spray.


I changed the colors of course, mine are brighter than the chart calls for. I do like the colors on this one though, a lot.  I wanted to add a ribbon bow at the bottom but I did'nt want to hide the stitching so I decided against the bow.


No comments:

Post a Comment