Friday, March 30, 2012

I just got done putting this together. The design is by Danybrod and its called Comme un Air de Printemps.  I used HDF silks and cashel linen for this one. You should probably take a picture of this one because I RARELY use linen.  I must admit I liked stitching on it this time. Maybe I'm changing, doubtful but maybe. I was going to make it into a pincushion but decided to make it into a pillow instead.  I used an off white venise lace across the front and added the buttons. Then I crocheted the edging for it .  I crocheted beads into the last row of the edging. I've never done that before. It was'nt too hard to do, it was a little awkward at first but got better as I went along.

This is my best high school French transalation of the saying:

March laughs in spite of the downpours spring secretly prepares.......remember French class what  a million years ago.



All in all I like the way it turned out. I really like Danybrod designs. She has a boutique on her website  www.danybrod.com .  She sends her charts in email files so you get them in just a few hours or less. More instant gratification, who in their right mind does'nt love that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment