Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I said I would stitch something yesterday and I did!!! I finished it this morning. This is by The Drawn Thread and its the ornament included with the chart The Holly and the Ivy. 

I used a pretty, not quite white, opalescent lugana by Silkweaver Fabrics for it and then just plain old DMC for the stitching. 

I usually make my own cording but I had bought this one after Christmas and I think it worked really well with the fabric. What I didnt like about this cording is that it was very stiff to sew on.  I like the way this one turned out, feels much better than yesterdays bunny/dog/seal failure.


If you like quick stitches this design is it. I think it took a little less than 2 hours to stitch, which means my short attention span was made for this little darling.

I guess I will go and find something else to stitch, maybe I will have another to post tomorrow, maybe not. I never know from day to day.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty and I think the trim is perfect!
    Can't wait to see what you stitch next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me about the opalessence. I would like to try it. You made me an angel ornie with it and I love it.

    ReplyDelete