Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I am finally doing a little finishing today. I finished up Danybrods design called Spring Is Smiling. I posted a picture of it earlier after I had stitched it  and wasnt sure what I would do with it but.................its a pincushion/pillow. Go figure right?  I stitched it on a 32 count antique white lugana with some really wonderful vareigated flosses. I made a little polymer clay bee button and a dragonfly button for the design and added them in the section where the words were supposed to go. I think it looks more balanced with them added. Then I crocheted an edging for it and wove through the edging a really pretty hand dyed silk ribbon that I've had forever. I love the ribbon through it:))))

So here is the flat piece



And here is the finished piece and I have to say I really love the colors in this one:)))



I am just finishing up Just Nans Wildflower Wishes and I will post of picture of it in the next little bit. A huge surprise, its a pincushion too, ok, not much of a surprise, lol. Thanks for stopping by :))))))




3 comments:

  1. Wow! This was lovely just stitched, but your buttons and the to-die-for ribbon make Spring really Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I love this one. The colors are just so pretty. You did an awesome job on it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what a truly lovely finish and you made the buttons! I love the crocheted edge with the ribbon, all and all its simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete